I have a few staple items that I wear that make chore time a little more bearable during the winter months. I have a jacket that I love from Duluth Trading Co, but they don’t make it any longer. I was bummed because I truly love that coat! Here is my list of six simple items that I love.
- Berne Women’s Insulated Overalls – These zip all the way up the front and up both legs. They also have a snap at the hem to keep them closer to your boots so you don’t get a draft. Most mornings I pull these on over my pajamas and go do chores.
- Muck Women’s Chore Boot (Mid Calf) – These boots last a long time. I just had to replace mine after five years of daily wear. The sole helps me not to slip and slide in the mud. They are very comfortable and keep my feet warm. They are well worth the price! If you have cheap chore boots you need to try a pair of these on.
- Crane Clothing Co (C.C.) Classic Beanie – This hat is warm but also vents well so my head doesn’t get sweaty or itchy. It comes down low enough to cover the tops of my ears to keep them warm too. I toss mine in the washer and dryer without balling or issues.
- Eddie Bauer Multiclava – This can be worn over you hair, but my favorite way to wear it around my neck to keep wind and rain out. I pull it over my head before I put my hat on and it keeps my neck toasty. It’s also great to pull over my mouth if it’s really cold out.
- Cabela’s Women’s Wind Resistant Gloves – these will not keep your hands from getting wet, but they do keep my hands warm while packing buckets, checking fence, etc.
- Carhartt Women’s Vest – I love my insulated vest! It’s great for the cold season under my jacket or during the spring with a long sleeve t-shirt underneath. It’s versatile and gets worn a lot.
FYI – this isn’t an ad. I’m not getting anything from these companies. I just wanted to share what is working for me this winter.